Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013 was a mixed bag for sure.
It was the first Christmas without my dad. That made it unbelievably hard. I thought spending the holidays with my inlaws would ease the pain. I was so wrong!  You can't run from sadness and grief. You just can't.
The highlight of this Christmas was celebrating early with my niece and all three nephews. I may have gone overboard with the presents, but I didn't care. Buying gifts for those precious faces brought me unbelievable joy and eased some of the hurt.
I'm looking forward to our family being together again after the holidays. We are still on the road of healing and Christmas will NEVER be the same, but we can create new and happy memories along our journey.
Below are some photos from the early celebration. Poor Will had the flu. Somehow I managed not to get any photos of him ... :(

Matthew in his cap from Uncle John.

Ethan with his new plane. 


Elizabeth with her Snoopy. 

Matthew with his slippers ...his favorite gift. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment